Blouberg Ridge Primary School
We offer Grade 1 to Grade 7 at this school. The recommended age for Grade 1 is the year the child is 6 turning 7years old. It is also recommended that children complete a Grade R year at a Pre-Primary School in the year they are 5 turning 6 years old prior to commencing Grade 1. This allows children to familiarise themselves with the school routine and structure. A pupil must be within two years of age appropriate for the particular grade into which they need to be placed.
The following information and documents will be required from you upon application at this school. Originals should be furnished; copies will be made by the School and the originals returned to you immediately thereafter:
The school reserves the right to verify all documents.
1. Your child’s original unabridged (FULL) birth certificate (which includes both parents details) obtainable from the Department of Home Affairs – proof of application (receipt) for this birth certificate from the Department of Home Affairs will be accepted until the document has been issued;
2. His/her up to date immunization card (clinic card) – N.B. We will not accept outdated cards;
3. The most recent school report from the previous school.
4. 1 x colour ID/Passport sized photo of your child.
5. Proof of residential address – this must be either a rates account OR a deed of sale or a rental agreement – signed by all relevant parties – for the property where you live, showing your name and physical (street) address. A sworn affidavit will not be accepted as proof of residence.
6. Both parents’ I D documents. Where a parent no longer lives in Cape Town, a certified copy must be provided;
7. A study permit issued by the Department of Home Affairs, for ALL non-South African pupils (refer Government Gazette 31.5.2002 No. 23478, Section 13). Such study permits / refugee permits must be renewed timeously, failing which the child will not be permitted to attend classes until such permits are renewed and received by the school. The onus is on parents to ensure that all Non-South African documents are kept updated.
8. In the case of Guardianship or Fostering, only the relevant Supreme Court documentation will be accepted by the Governing Body.
9. A fee is payable once the application has been approved and this amount will be deducted from your School fee account.
10. Transfer card from the previous school is usually only handed to the pupil on his/her last day at that school. Please ensure this transfer card is handed in to our front office on the first day of attendance.
N.B. AN APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY THE SCHOOL UNLESS ALL THE ABOVE- MENTIONED DOCUMENTS ACCOMPANY THE APPLICATION FORMS. ONCE HANDED IN AT THE OFFICE, THEY WILL THEN BE FORWARDED TO THE SCHOOL GOVERNING BODY FOR APPROVAL.
Our admission policy is available at any time on request from the front office.
Geographical feeder areas for the four public primary schools in the greater Table View area have been demarcated.
Please contact the School office for more information and clarification on the feeder areas.
A detailed map is available for perusal in the School office for clarification.